Voltas Engineering is an engineering firm providing Electrical,Mechanical,Plumbing, Sprinkler System & Building Envelope engineering to clients in construction industry. We are seeking a self-motivated Mechanical Engineer (P.Eng.) for design of mechanical, and plumbing systems. Good communication skills and technical knowledge is a must. We are looking to obtain an enthusiastic, talented team player to continue our growing presence in lower mainland. The applicant must be detail oriented, love challenges and enjoy contributing to the success of the team in a progressive work environment.
- Actively support and/or lead design of mechanical systems, including: sourcing and verification of mechanical components, ventilation systems, and mechanical layout of components
- Generate engineering documentation for mechanical systems and components, including: component design requirements and specifications; design review and conformity assessments
- Develop cost effective designs that meet functionality, durability and robustness requirements
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers, review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates
- Perform mechanical field reviews as per design and code requirements
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for residential, commercial and industrial construction
QUALIFICATIONS 3+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering – HVAC and Plumbing.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered (or eligible to register) as a Professional Engineer (PEng) is considered an asset
- Strong AutoCAD skills
- Interpret architectural, structural and other engineering drawings
- Eager to learn new skills.
- Prepare specifications, and/or recommendations for HVAC and plumbing design, high and low pressure piping.
- Coordinate with all disciplines, extract and relay relevant information for complex projects
- Sprinkler and fire protection design is an asset.